This is one of the core function of the Society whereby one borrows after having saved. Currently members are supposed to contribute a minimum of Ksh.1, 500 or 7% basic salary monthly. Members are encouraged to save more even above the minimum contribution. These deposits are refunded to the member on application giving 30 days’ notice.
Benefits of Deposits
The benefits of having more deposits in the Society are as follows:-
- a)It acts as security for loans for both the member and other members.
- b)It is considered in foreign countries as adequate financial security.
- c)Members will gain from dividend generated at the end of financial year.
- d)It acts as security in case of court, hospitalization and others.
- e)It acts as a savings to the member when they leave work even before they receive their pensions from their employers.