The Ardhi Housing Co-operative flats were bought in August 1983 by members of Ardhi Sacco Society Ltd. It operated as an activity of Ardhi Sacco Society Limited until 2002 when it was registered.
- National Chairman: Mr. Nelson K. Siele
- Vice Chairlady: Lucy Muiruri
- Treasurer: Mary Muringo
- Secretary: Elinah Mwaiseghe
- Member: Jonathan Cheruiyot
Ardhi Housing Co-operative Society flats are situated along shilling Road Ngara area in Nairobi.
- To be a member of Ardhi Housing Co-operative Society one must be a bonafide member of the Ardhi Sacco Society Ltd.
- Entrance fee of Ksh.1000 must be paid for registration.
- The current membership is 1950 members.
- Once you are registered as a member of the Housing and bought shares you will be issued with the share certificate.
The share capital of the Society is Approximately Ksh18,287,428 dividend into two sets as follows:-
- Institutional Capital
Every member is required to pay Ksh.1000 nonrefundable but transferable amongst members.
- Refundable Share Capital
All members shall pay a minimum of Ksh.1000 and refundable to the member on request.
Where Society ventures into a Commercial Project for the purpose of eventually transferring ownership to individual members, they shall be called upon to contribute. However if the project fails to take off, members shall be refunded their contributions.
- Develop Ngara flats into highrise building
- Mortgage facilities
- Buying of plots in other counties
The Society management valued the property in 2018 and its market value now stands at over Ksh.100 million.
- Mavoko 1 – 292 plots
- Mavoko II – 272 plots
NB: Members advised to purchase the plots currently selling at Ksh.420,000 for residential and Ksh.450,000 for non-members.
LAST AGM held on 12th May 2018.